Updated February 1, 2024
Precise Simulation Privacy Practices
1. Information We Collect
Precise Simulation may collect certain types of information about you when you access and use our products and services, visit our web site, or interact with us in other ways such as attending a Precise Simulation event. The categories of information we collect are:
- Name and contact information, such as your first and last name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and country.
- Organizational information, such as the name of your company or institution and your role and title.
- Account information, such as your Precise Simulation Account login and password. We also may store account information that you provide to us relating to your accounts with third-party service providers, if you choose to integrate your Precise Simulation Account with your accounts on third-party services.
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, if you make a purchase from us.
- License information, such as the Precise Simulation products and services you have purchased and the licensed users and devices for those products.
- Usage information, such as which Precise Simulation products and services you are using, which third-party products or services you are using that integrate with Precise Simulation products or services, when you access or use the products and services, error reports, and performance data. This includes web analytics information, such as the pages on our web site that you visited and the links you clicked on.
- Device and network information, such as your IP address, operating system, preferred language, SSL certificates, and browser type.
- The content of your communications to us, such as feedback, customer support requests, and technical support requests. These may include emails or recordings of phone calls.
- Other information that you submit to Precise Simulation voluntarily, such as requests for information about upcoming events, files and data that you store using Precise Simulation online services, and submissions to community areas of the Precise Simulation web site.
2. How We Collect Information
We collect usage, device, and network information when you access our web site or use our products. The rest of the information listed above may come directly from you; from our authorized resellers and distributors, affiliates, vendors, or other business partners, such as companies that help us organize events; or from an organization or guardian who has authority to provide the information on your behalf.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide products, services, and support requested by you or on your behalf.
- To process and ship orders that you place with us or that are placed on your behalf, and to provide you with documentation or other material in support of such orders.
- To authenticate and secure your Precise Simulation Account or your use of our products and services.
- To manage licenses and ascertain use of our products and services.
- To administer and improve our products and services, including our web site.
- To enable delivery of consulting or training services and participation in seminars, trade shows, and other events.
- To provide any communication or material necessary to respond to an order for a product or service, a request for support or information, or an application for a seminar, trade show, or other event.
- To solicit optional feedback in the form of surveys measuring customer satisfaction with Precise Simulation products, services, and events.
- To notify you of new products, updates, or other information related to purchases or your information requests.
- To provide important information regarding the renewal of agreements, version upgrades, and other notifications about products and services that you license or use.
- To send promotional material about our company, products, services, and events and, in some cases, on behalf of related third-party products, services, and events. You may opt out of receiving promotional materials by email.
- To market and sell our products and services. You may opt out of marketing emails. Precise Simulation does not use personal information of K–12 students with school accounts for marketing purposes.
- To enforce our agreements or comply with obligations imposed by applicable laws, regulations, or a court or administrative order. We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We may store your information outside your country of residence, wherever we or our third-party service providers operate.
4. Reasons We Share Your Information
Precise Simulation may share information with affiliates, partners, service providers, authorized resellers and distributors, and other third parties in order to fulfill the limited purposes described in Section 3 above. These entities may be located throughout the world and fall into the following categories:
Web and systems infrastructure providers (e.g., providers of storage, databases, metrics, license management, business intelligence, social media, analytics, security services, and other information technology services) Providers of products and services for business operations (e.g., accounting systems, contract management, payment processing, order fulfillment, support) Affiliates and authorized distributors who may use information for Precise Simulation business purposes including marketing, sales, and support of Precise Simulation products and services Event management, service providers, and co-sponsors for in-person and online events such as competitions, conferences, webinars, and training sessions (e.g., event registration, course credentials, distribution of materials) Precise Simulation may release current or past user information to third parties for limited purposes, such as investigative and enforcement purposes, in the event Precise Simulation believes that usage is (i) in violation of applicable Precise Simulation terms, and/or (ii) associated with the commission of unlawful acts. Precise Simulation may also disclose aggregate information that does not personally identify individuals to third parties.
When we share personal information, we use a contract requiring the recipient to protect your personal data in compliance with law. If you have questions about the safeguards that we use to protect your data or would like to request a copy, you can contact us directly.
5. Your Choices About Your Information
Opting out of marketing and sales commercial email communications
Precise Simulation sends many types of email including electronic newsletters (Precise Simulation Newsletter) and event announcements. We also may contact you for marketing or sales purposes using the information provided to us by you or on your behalf through our web site or through our sales channels, resellers and distributors, or business partners such as those who help us manage events. You may choose not to receive these types of communications.
To opt out, you can unsubscribe online using the email list removal form or follow the opt-out instructions contained in emails you receive.
For licensed customers, including trial users, we contact you for purposes of communicating with you about the Precise Simulation products or services that you are licensing or using. These are transactional messages that provide information about, for example, software updates, upcoming renewals, and new releases to which you have access under your current license. You cannot opt out of these messages while you have an active license because they contain important information about your licensed products and the services you are using.
Blocking cookies and web-based advertising
You can use browser settings and third-party services to block cookies, advertisements, and certain other kinds of information transmitted over the Internet. For more details, consult your web browser’s documentation and help pages, and see our sections below on cookies and third-party advertising.
Changing, correcting, or deleting your personal information
Precise Simulation Account holders may make changes and corrections to personal information online. If you have other questions or requests about your personal information, or wish to exercise any of your legal rights involving your personal information, please submit a Customer Support privacy request or contact us.
In some cases, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests. For example, even if you request that we delete your personal information, we may need to retain your data for legal purposes. In these cases, we will respond to your request and explain the extent to which we were able to comply.
Connecting with third-party services
If you choose to connect Precise Simulation products to third-party cloud services, such as online file storage, you will be asked to provide Precise Simulation with access to your account and files. Precise Simulation may store information about your account, including an access token, that will enable the Precise Simulation products to connect with the third-party cloud service. Precise Simulation will be able to access any accounts and files to which you authorize access on the third-party cloud service.
6. Information Submitted to Community Areas
Users may submit information to community areas of Precise Simulation web sites that may be publicly accessible. For instance, users may create a community profile that includes a personal bio and social media links, participate in contests, contribute files, products, and extensions, rate and review tools, or submit questions and comments the community forum. The content you submit to these community areas, including personal information, may not be subject to the protections afforded information collected in other sections of the Precise Simulation web site. The content you submit will be accessible from any part of the world via the Internet, and any information your submissions contain may be used by Precise Simulation and the public, both within and outside the country from which you posted.
7. Compliance with Privacy Laws
Precise Simulation tries to comply with applicable privacy laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and adheres to fair information practice principles. These principles include: notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse, enforcement, and liability.
GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, and global privacy laws
If you are subject to the GDPR or other applicable privacy laws, you have the right to make certain requests about your personal data. You may exercise these rights by submitting a Customer Support privacy request or contacting us. You may make a request relating to your own personal data, but not data about another person. In order to comply with legal requirements to verify your identity before responding to a personal data request, Precise Simulation will ask for certain information including your first name, last name, email address, and geographic region. Precise Simulation will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising your privacy rights conferred by law.
You have the right to request access to your personal data, request that Precise Simulation correct your personal data so that it is accurate and up to date, or request that your personal data be restricted or removed.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds that the processing is not lawful. You have the right to data portability, the right to withdraw consent to processing, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time and free of charge.
Precise Simulation generally relies on legitimate interests, also known as business purposes, as the lawful basis for processing personal data. Specific legitimate interests are listed in Section 3 (How We Use Your Information) above. In addition, when you enter into a legal or business transaction with us, such as a purchase, a software license, or other legal contract, we need to store and use personal information associated with that transaction to enforce our rights under the transaction and to meet our legal obligations to you or to government authorities. We rely on consent when you give us information for a specified reason, such as registering for an event. If you choose not to provide information, our ability to provide you with certain products and services may be limited to the extent that such products and services depend on the information.
For CCPA/CPRA purposes, the categories of personal information collected by Precise Simulation are “identifiers” and “Internet or other electronic network activity information.”
Data Privacy Framework and privacy inquiries
Precise Simulation has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the DPF to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB National Programs Data Privacy Framework Services, operated by BBB National Programs based in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, you can get more information and file a complaint using the BBB National Programs Dispute Resolution Process. This service is provided free of charge to you. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available.